NIAC provides care, prevention, education, testing, and advocacy for people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS in the 10 Northern counties of Idaho: Benewah, Boundary, Bonner, Kootenai, Shoshone, Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis, and Nez Perce. NIAC is a non-profit, community-based organization funded by federal, state, grants, private donations, and fundraising. NIAC has served communities for 30 years.
The North Idaho AIDS Coalition (NIAC) is looking for the right person to join our team. The Administrative Assistant performs a wide variety of administrative duties daily for front office operations and staff assistance, which includes answering phone calls, taking and distributing messages, organizing files, preparing documents, scheduling appointments, maintaining social media, and providing general support to visitors. More complex responsibilities include planning meetings and taking detailed minutes, writing and distributing email, memos, letters, faxes, research, preparing reports, and capacity building in developing and strengthening organizational resources to thrive in a changing economy.
To Apply: Send Cover-Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ADMINISTRATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The typical workday/week is 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday, however, during fundraising events, some weekend hours may be required.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Answer phone calls, take and distribute messages, and transfer calls.
- Organize and schedule appointments and update event calendars.
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Research, write, edit, and distribute email, memos, letters, faxes and forms.
- Develop and maintain filing system.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Create and maintain office supply list and inventory control system.
- Create and maintain contact list.
- Prepare invoices.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Adhere to HIPPA regulations.
- Reply to email, telephone, or face to face inquiries.
- Resolve administrative problems such as connecting to the internet and scheduling repair of office equipment.
- Assist with program, product, and delivery of services, fundraisers and outreach to donors and corporate supporters.
- Open, sort, and distribute interoffice mail. Prepare mail and packages for delivery to post office/mailbox.
- Record donations in receipt book and send Thank You letters to donors.
- Maintain, stock, and organize office supplies and storage areas.
Maintain mailing lists and all social medias sites: Webpage, FB & Twitter.
- Create newsletter, work with graphic designers to create event and organizations programs, flyers, posters, signs, brochures, etc.
Maintain current knowledge of HIV and AIDS medical treatment and disease trends.
- Coordinate volunteer activities and assist with community outreach.
Photocopy, print out and file documents on behalf of other colleagues.
- Assist with general appearance of office.
- Other as requested.
- AA plus 2-years related work experience or 1-year higher education plus 4-years related work experience.
- BA preferred.
- Must pass a state background check.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and current insurance.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player and self-starter (must be able to work with limited supervision).
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Robust command of Microsoft Office, social media, and internet searching.
- Computer/Typing skills.
- Command of office administration procedures.
- Discretion and good judgment.
- Flexible attitude and the ability to deal well with changing assignments and priorities.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
NIAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, religion, age, gender identification, pregnancy, marital or familial status, gender or sexual orientation, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.