Medical Case Manager
The North Idaho AIDS Coalition (NIAC) is looking for a new team member for Case Management in Region 1 and Region 2. The Case Manager is responsible for coordinating services for Ryan White and HOPWA to eligible clients in the State of Idaho. This position requires a current license as a Social Worker in Idaho, current driver’s license and current insurance.
We are seeking applicants with experience in case management care. Applicants must have own transportation, a valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance, to transport clients to doctor appointments and to other needed resources.
We seek a team-oriented individual with strong written and communication skills. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and be a self- starter. NIAC provides care, prevention, education, testing, and advocacy for people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS in the 10 Northern counties of Idaho: Benewah, Boundary, Bonner, Kootenai, Shoshone, Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis, and Nez Perce. NIAC is a non-profit, community-based organization funded by federal, state, grants, private donations, and fundraising. NIAC has served communities for 30 years.
- Maintain social worker license, driver license, and vehicle insurance.
- Maintain a caseload and provides case management daily.
- Complete documentation of intake, needs, assessments, care case plans, yearly re-certification, and referrals to service providers for eligible clients.
- Maintain proper documentation of client’s HIV status, income, residence, medical insurance, case notes, labs, and referrals.
- Complete wellness plans and follows up on plans with clients.
- Participate in conference calls and training in and out of state as requested.
- Maintain current knowledge of HIV and AIDS medical treatment and disease trends.
- Coordinate client services with case manager supervisor.
- Prepare case notes and monthly billing.
- Participates with the agency on fundraising and community events.
- Successfully completes all training as requested.
- Performs HIV rapid testing and Hepatitis C rapid testing and counseling.
- Accompanies clients to medical appointments as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*How to apply*: Send a cover letter and resume to 2201 Government Way, Ste E, Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814 or apply in person or by email email@example.com. Employment applications are available at NIAC. Salary range $16 – $18.
NIAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, religion, age, gender identification, pregnancy, marital or familial status, gender or sexual orientation, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws.