North Idaho AIDS Coalition (NIAC) seeks a Prevention Coordinator to perform a wide variety of clinical and educational support up to and including:
- Comprehensive HIV education and counseling
- HIV/HEP C Testing
- Implementation of prevention measures for “at risk” clientele
- Documentation and Data entry
More complex responsibilities, which will also be apart of the job, are:
- Client intake and assessment
- Assisting case managers in linking clients to care services
- Writing and preparing reports
Special consideration will go towards candidates who posses our preferred attributes, they are as follows:
- AA/BA or equivalent in health/Human Service education or related field
- Previous education or work related experience in a Non-Profit setting.
- Reporting and administrative writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Supply management and inventory control experience
- Previous work-related experience in problem-solving, analyzing complex information and managing complex processes.
- Detail orientated, with strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in interoffice communication
- Previous experience working in an HIV prevention program or an HIV and AIDs-related human services fields such as social work, psychology, nursing, counseling, and health education.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
Program Planning and Implementation
- Implement a community outreach HIV program targeting people living with HIV and high-risk individuals for Region 1 and Region 2.
- Coordinates outreach efforts at bars, community events, and other venues to reach male-to-male, heterosexuals, intravenous drug users, and/or bisexual men, and other high-risk groups into the HIV prevention program.
- Manage and drive the Mobile HIV Testing Unit program (MTU) and develop and review HIV testing policies and procedures annually.
- Develop brochures, flyers, and advertisements that encourage safer sex practices and HIV prevention.
- Trains staff in HIV testing for direct on the job experience.
- Meets regularly with the Executive Director to ensure the quality of services.
- Assists the Medical Case Managers (MCMs) and Director with other related projects.
- Attends and participates in required meetings regarding HIV prevention activities.
- Performs other related duties as discussed and assigned.
Program Monitoring and Evaluation
- Participates in internal audits to ensure that program documentation and reports are accurate and complete.
- Clearly and accurately completes required documentation for HIV Prevention programs including HIV Counseling and Testing Forms and consents, sign-in sheets, test logs, program forms, etc.
- Monitors inventory of HIV testing supplies and order accordingly to avoid breaks in service delivery.
- Ensures thorough, accurate, and timely documentation is maintained for HIV Prevention Program for grant reporting.
- Identifies gaps in HIV services and areas for quality improvement activities. Ensures the timely, thorough and accurate submission of documentation including progress notes, activity reporting forms and monthly reports.
- Provides HIV 101’s, HIV testing, and work with community partners to expand services, perform data collection and reporting.
- Promote program and agency services in the community.
- Organizes community events, i.e. National HIV Testing Day, World AIDS Day.
- Attend Idaho Advisory Council on HIV and AIDS strategic meetings with state collaborators, Boise
- Attend Idaho Coalition for HIV Health and Safety strategic meetings with state collaborators in Boise.
North Idaho AIDS Coalition (NIAC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, religion, age, gender identification, pregnancy, marital or familial status, gender or sexual orientation, veteran or military status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
North Idaho AIDS Coalition (NIAC)
2201 Government Way, Ste. E,
Coeur d’Alene, Idaho 83814
Office Hours: 9 am to 5 pm
Monday thru Friday
Job Type: Full-time
*Salary: $16 to $17.00 /hour
*based on experience