North Idaho AIDS Coalition
HIV TESTING: We offer free Individual Risk Assessment and Rapid HIV Testing with test results in 20 minutes.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH / EDUCATION / PREVENTION: HIV 101 education classes, World AIDS Day Programs and Activities, Distribution of Safe Sex Kits and Condoms.
North Idaho AIDS Coalition is looking for an Executive Director
North Idaho AIDS Coalition- Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
North Idaho AIDS Coalition, a 501(c)(3) organization serving HIV positive individuals in the ten northern counties of Idaho, seeks a well-organized, innovative and self-directed individual with a demonstrated track record of success to lead NIAC and advance its mission. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate significant past success, diversifying and expanding sources of revenue, and in working closely with NAIC’s staff, clientele, community, and Board of Directors. In addition, the successful candidate must be able to thrive in an environment requiring prioritizing and juggling of competing demands with very limited resources, and must possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Job Description for North Idaho AIDS Coalition Executive Director
Job Title: Executive Director
Summary of Primary Job Function: The Executive Director is responsible for performing professional and supervisory work for the HIV program and staff, providing program development, management, and evaluation. Duties include staff development and supervision, agency leadership, and client support.
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, or other closely related field.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory of relevant program experience including staff leadership responsibilities.
- Valid motor vehicle driver’s license and insurance or access to transportation on a daily basis to complete essential functions of the position.
- State of Idaho License of Social Work or eligibility for credential
- Must pass a State Background Check
- Must pass a yearly driving record Check
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong reasoning ability to function in a fast paced/ reactionary work environment.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention strategies, disease, and care issues.
- Knowledge of data and records management.
- HIPPA Compliant.
- Knowledge of computerized data handling.
- Skills in effective personal and public relations principals.
- Skills in fiscal and budgeting analysis to monitor revenue collections, basic statistics, and research methods.
- Skills in grant development, writing, tracking, monthly billing, and attainment.
- Ability to effectively deal with the general public and with various medical orientated persons.
- Ability to effectively plan, assign, direct, and evaluate the staff, including delegating responsibilities and authority to carry out policy and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Agency Staff, Board of Directors, Community Partners, Grantors, Donators, Clientele, and Volunteers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required in order to present information to people from a wide variety of committees, organizations, community coalitions, backgrounds, and education levels.
- Consults and collaborates with a broad spectrum of public health constituents and participants including local, state, and federal public health officials, as well as government officials, and private individuals.
- Ability to support operations and administration of the Board of Directors.
- In consultation with board of directors, identify and recruit potential board and committee members.
- Execute board-approved policies.
- Prepare agenda and attend all board meetings.
- Helps create, direct and oversee short and long term strategic plans.
- Skills in marketing, promotion, and delivery of quality agency services.
- Skills in budget building and managing of agency resources according to policy, procedures, current laws, and regulations.
- Knowledge and skills in fundraising planning and implementation.
- Ability to understand and navigate complex medical assistance programs including Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, IDAGAP.
- Demonstrates ability to work compassionately with clients.
- Cursory knowledge of HIV transmission, long term physiological consequences, HIV medications that will grow with on the job exposure.
- Ability to provide Rapid HIV and Hepatitis C testing and community education.
- Ability to communicate and express ideas effectively, orally and in writing. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and ability to use/learn specific software quickly.
- Ability to perform basic math functions as well as possess knowledge of budgetary methods and development.
- Develop fundraising strategies to ensure the success of fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Be primarily responsible for individual and business donor cultivation, actively soliciting donors through annual appeals, events, face to face meetings and other activities, in order to significantly expand the number and size of these donations.
- Ensure donor information is updated and maintained.
- Ability to be indoors, sedentary with 4-8 hours a day sitting or standing.
- 4-6 hours/day keyboarding or typing at a computer terminal.
- Communications skills to interact effectively with people
- Comprehend and process verbal communication.
- Visual acuity to read small print.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop on an occasional basis.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 20 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to type, file, and complete forms with or without accommodations.
- Ability to attend meetings, events, or travel outside normal business hours on an occasional basis.
Please drop off or send your resume’ and cover letter to:
North Idaho AIDS Coalition
2201 N. Government Way
Coeur d’Alene, ID. 83814
Our Community Partners: